Thanksgiving Day activities and schedule changes
Ottawa – The City of Ottawa reminds residents of the following schedule changes for the Thanksgiving Day holiday on Monday, October 9.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, October 10.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, October 10.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Thanksgiving Day. Monday’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, October 10. In addition, the collection of green bin, recycling materials and garbage will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential, bulky items, green bin, recycling and leaf and yard waste collection on Thanksgiving Day. Monday’s pickup will take place on Tuesday, October 10. Multi-residential, bulky items, green bin, recycling and leaf and yard waste collection will also be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of October 9.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule and the DayPass will be valid as a Family DayPass. A family or group may travel all day with a DayPass which can be purchased for $10.25 from the bus operator upon boarding. A family/group can include up to six people with a maximum of two individuals aged 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real-time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- All OC Transpo Customer Service Centres will be closed, with the exception of the Rideau Centre, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on October 9. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Thanksgiving Day on or after Monday, October 2 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo operations:
o Customer service (613-842-3681) – closed
o Administration (613-244-1289) – closed
o Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
o Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open 6 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness schedules, aquafitness and public skating with modified schedules. Please check on ottawa.ca or with the facility of your choice for details.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, participants should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
o SITE office at 179 Clarence Street will be closed Monday, October 9, however, the site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 to 11:30 p.m.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line will be closed; however, you can leave a message by phone and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. You can also connect online for the latest health information at OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- The Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the Karsh-Masson Gallery at City Hall will be open, however, the City Hall Art Gallery is closed for installation.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed; however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, October 10.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, October 10.
– 30 –
For more information: